AnyaS

All About Books

I LOVE to read! You can find me reading everywhere and anytime! I mostly read YA books. Reading is something that I love and I will do it for my whole entire life!!

If I Stay by Gayle Forman Review

If I Stay - Gayle Forman

Goodreads Description: Just listen, Adam says with a voice that sounds like shrapnel.

I open my eyes wide now.
I sit up as much as I can.
And I listen.

Stay, he says.

Choices. Seventeen-year-old Mia is faced with some tough ones: Stay true to her first love—music—even if it means losing her boyfriend and leaving her family and friends behind?

Then one February morning Mia goes for a drive with her family, and in an instant, everything changes. Suddenly, all the choices are gone, except one. And it's the only one that matters.

If I Stay is a heartachingly beautiful book about the power of love, the true meaning of family, and the choices we all make.

My Review: Wow. That is what I am going to start my review with. While I was reading If I Stay, I was on the verge of tears. This book was good in so many ways. It had well developed characters, it had a deep plot, it had a good romance, and the message in the book is a good one. When I was reading If I Stay, I was in Mia's world. I wasn't in Chicago, in my home. I was there in Orgeon, right alongside Mia. I really want to applaud on Mia's bravery in this book. After some things happen, she stays brave and she stays strong. The romance was a good one, it wsn't like those cheesy romances. The romance actually meant something.

Music was an important thing in this book. It would be mentioned every page or so. I feel like music is a big part of Mia's decision at the end of the book. All through the book, I was holding my breath, waiting to see what would happen next. There were immense acts of bravery and courage in this book, not just from Mia, but from other characters as well. The grandfather was also a big part in this book. He influenced some of Mia's decision making.

I also like how in the book, bits of the past were thrown in there and Mia would retell some stories from her past of the characters in this book. I am not sure if I like this or not, but the book was one big whole chapter. There were no chapters. Gayle Forman only seperated everything by time. At the end of some pages, she would begin a new paragraph and put the time above it.

Overall, I really liked this book and I can't wait to see the movie so that I know if the movie lives up to the book's greatness. I recommend that everyone take the time to read this book because this is a book that you can't stop midway and go do something else. You have to finish this book in one sitting, because it's that kind of book. Go read this book!